I would like to say thanks to all of you! We have had tremendous growth over the last few months! We love to share our love of babywearing and are glad to see you are also by recommending Babywearing International of Birmingham to your family, friends, and even random strangers out in public!
With growth comes extra responsibility, and the same is true for us! Because of that, we need to be extra accountable for our lending library so that we can continue to be a positive resource for the community. We have been fairly lenient regarding the late fees in the past but as of February 1, 2015 we will be enforcing these fees as outlined in the membership agreement. We have given reminders before but have finally nailed down the details and want to pass the information along so that everyone is well aware.
Your library privileges are as follows:
- 1 carrier/month for 12 months (at which time your membership expires or can be renewed).
- You have a 7 day grace period from the time the carrier is due to return it without a late fee.
- After 7 days you will be charged $1/day until the carrier is returned.
- The late fee does not have to be paid the same day that the carrier is returned, and you are still welcome to attend our meetings, but you will not have check-out privileges until all fees are paid.
- If you return a carrier late 3 times, you will be put on a 2-month probation and will lose check-out privileges for those 2 months.
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep an open line of communication with a leader if you are going to be returning a carrier past its due date! We understand that babies get sick and things come up, but we need to know where our carriers are so that we aren't having to track you down to find it!
We do not want anyone to have late fees and would much prefer to have carriers returned in a timely manner so that they are available for the next member to use.
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation!
Jackie Chapa (VBE)
President, Babywearing International of Birmingham